Sunday, January 11, 2009

and bingo was his name-oh

To be, or not to be? Sweet, I'm quoting Shakespeare now. What the fuck is going on? I cease to surprise myself.

Selfishness vs. Selflessness
TO BE!
or not to be?

Everyday I battle between the two,
they confuse the already oh so chaotic chitter-chatter in my
CRANIUM
Can I be selfish while still being a selfless person?

There's no answer. Maybe there is, but it's conflicted
It could be yes OR no

My actions signify my character
MIND, BODY, AND SOUL


Can I beat the system of the constant give and take
Without faking? Just giving.




Can I be selfless and still feel fulfilled?
I want to manipulate the system
Scratch that.
I want to CONTINUE manipulating the system
I’m on the right track. I hope so, at least..


Selfishness vs. Selflessness

TO SHOW!
or not to show?

Can I be subtle while still being obvious?
What’s so intoxicating about subtly, anyway?
It’s a tool.

Can I claim my beauty without sounding condescending?
Everyone’s just so caught up in what everyone thinks.
Beauty is powerful, it should not be hidden.

I'm not talking about beauty only in it’s physical form
It’s just another talent or trait, like the ability to paint,
Like the color of one's eye
A gift given at birth;
Like the earth, it CLAIMS the soil that abodes within and around it
It does not deny it. It is what it is,
Like an undeniable sense of style.


Just another subtlety
TO BELIEVE!
or not to believe?
I’ve taken Bukowski’s advice (but haven‘t we all?)
I believe everything that I can.


MIND, BODY, AND SOUL
They are one, yet three
Separate entities
All needing a specific fix of their own
A thought for the mind, a meal for the body, a fuck for the soul.
A thought, a meal, and a good fuck, any fuck for that matter,
affect all three in different ways
All are equally important.

Can I be distracted while simultaneously & synchronically
be fully absorbed?

Irony.
TO FINISH!
or not to finish?
Conclusions never cease to mind-fuck me
But even though the words will end,
I will not!

That realization never ceases to amaze me.
But I must finish, above all else, I must.



Am I in your head yet?
This draft turned out better than the one before
that erased itself
or was erased by some "higher power"


It’s 6:32 in the morning, my insomnia is coming back
But I don’t mind!
Night-time leaves room to think, leaves room for freedom.

Freedom of the
MIND, BODY, AND SOUL

& I always take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment